- This event has passed.
Last Man Standing
March 30 @ 8:00 am - March 31 @ 5:00 pm
Are You Teamjamesy worthy? Can You Make The Cut? Come Find Out!
Jim Raffone presents:
The Last Man Standing!
I have been described as an inspiration, great father, even crazy but I know I am Relentless:(adj: Someone who is relentless, someone who is determined to do something and refuses to give up, even if what they are doing is unpleasant or cruel. Relentless in his pursuit of quality, his technical ability was remarkable…)
ARE YOU RELENTLESS?
The Last Man Standing is a relentless type of event with a new “race” starting every hour on the hour. There will be not be a male, female age group awards, only the Last Man/Woman Standing.
The course will be a 3.5-mile trail loop with nice double track and some moderate elevation gain. It will be an easy loop to finish in under an hour for most people. At least for the first few times around! The loop will be on the same trails. We will run the opposite direction (counterclockwise), every start.
Racing starts at 10 am – noon on Saturday with a shotgun start. Men and women will complete the course at whatever pace they choose, but they MUST complete the loop in less than 60 minutes! Those that complete the course in under an hour will earn the right to continue.
The next gun start is at 1 pm. Same loop, same rules apply. The race continues in this format until there is only one athlete remaining (standing). The lone athlete must be standing at the starting line ready for the next start to be declared the Last Man Standing and the winner.
Look out Dorothy, here comes a twister:
After the 3 lap…the gun start will happen less one minute (on the: 59)You MUST be at the starting line ready to go. Progressively getting shorter.(:59min/:58min/57min/56min and so on)Race organizers will provide a 20? X 40? tent with Beer on Tap (yes we’ll have it this year) and a band playing Saturday night from 7pm-10pm. Music, fun etc. The winner will be a JOH Sponsored athlete for the year!
Recent 20 Posts
- 2019 Gala Run
- The 2018 New York City Marathon - Running towards a cure for the 5th year in a row
- Supporting families of Duchenne muscular dystrophy - A look into our Patient Education Guide
- Reaching the Finish Line for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy: An Update on the Grand to Grand Ultra
- Making a Difference Through Science – Phase 2 of the HBOT Study Set to Begin
- Making a Difference through Science—A New Hope in the Fight against Duchenne
- JAR of Hope 4th Annual Gala: Defend Against Duchenne - A recap of the night
- It's Time for Shore Builders Association's Annual BBQ on the Beach and Dune Buggy Races in Support of Jar of Hope
- CARLO CASTRONOVO, GIUSSEPPE’S OWNER, STILL SERVING UP THE LAUGHS (PART 2 OF 2)
- CARLO CASTRONOVO, GIUSSEPPE’S OWNER, SERVES UP THE LAUGHS (PART 1 OF 2)
- FULL DIMENSION BRINGS FITNESS OWNER FULL CIRCLE (PART 2 OF 2)
- FULL DIMENSION BRINGS FITNESS OWNER FULL CIRCLE (PART 1 OF 2)
- AN INTIMATE LOOK AT CHILDREN WITH RARE DISEASES
- MILES APART, BUT NEVER CLOSER
- RAFFONE: HBOT IS KEY TO DMD BREAKTHROUGH
- PUSHING FORWARD
- CURE FOR DUCHENNE STILL ON LIFE SUPPORT
- No World Record, But An Event Worth Recording
- The Run Of His Life
- Running, on a 'Grander' Scale