- This event has passed.
Grand to Grand Ultra
September 2, 2016 - October 2, 2016
However its uniqueness does not stop there. It is the first stage race to start from the awe inspiring north rim of the Grand Canyon, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, and finish on the summit of the Grand Staircase, one of the world’s most iconic geological formations. The course takes you through a high desert landscape of sand dunes, red rock canyons, buttes, mesas and hoodoos. You will navigate compelling slot canyons and experience the remotest part of continental America in the way of the earliest settlers, Navajo and Paiute Indian tribes. This is where Montezuma’s gold is still reputed to be buried.
Observe nature up close in an environment rich in flora and wildlife – from unusual and threatened cacti to big horn sheep to the endangered California Condor, the largest bird in America.
Challenge yourself in the company of an international group of participants who are all eager to complete a world-class course, one which has been experienced by few adventurers.
And treat yourself to the nightlife of Las Vegas after you emerge from the desert!
The Awards Party will be held in a spectacular outdoor setting in a canyon near Kanab, Utah.
Recent 20 Posts
- 2019 Gala Run
- The 2018 New York City Marathon - Running towards a cure for the 5th year in a row
- Supporting families of Duchenne muscular dystrophy - A look into our Patient Education Guide
- Reaching the Finish Line for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy: An Update on the Grand to Grand Ultra
- Making a Difference Through Science – Phase 2 of the HBOT Study Set to Begin
- Making a Difference through Science—A New Hope in the Fight against Duchenne
- JAR of Hope 4th Annual Gala: Defend Against Duchenne - A recap of the night
- It's Time for Shore Builders Association's Annual BBQ on the Beach and Dune Buggy Races in Support of Jar of Hope
- CARLO CASTRONOVO, GIUSSEPPE’S OWNER, STILL SERVING UP THE LAUGHS (PART 2 OF 2)
- CARLO CASTRONOVO, GIUSSEPPE’S OWNER, SERVES UP THE LAUGHS (PART 1 OF 2)
- FULL DIMENSION BRINGS FITNESS OWNER FULL CIRCLE (PART 2 OF 2)
- FULL DIMENSION BRINGS FITNESS OWNER FULL CIRCLE (PART 1 OF 2)
- AN INTIMATE LOOK AT CHILDREN WITH RARE DISEASES
- MILES APART, BUT NEVER CLOSER
- RAFFONE: HBOT IS KEY TO DMD BREAKTHROUGH
- PUSHING FORWARD
- CURE FOR DUCHENNE STILL ON LIFE SUPPORT
- No World Record, But An Event Worth Recording
- The Run Of His Life
- Running, on a 'Grander' Scale