- This event has passed.
Grand to Grand Ultra 2018
September 23, 2018 - September 29, 2018
Want to Join our Team
E-mail us at email@example.com to find out more.
JAR of Hope's mission is dedicated to bringing awareness and raising funds directed to ongoing research in the hope of eliminating Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.
273 km in 6 stages, over 7 days. Make no mistake, it’s tough.
Running through the Utah and Arizona desert, you will need to dig deep to uncover your untapped strength and determination. But you will not be alone.
Everyone on the Grand to Grand Ultra is on a quest to become more than they ever conceived. Discovering new strengths on this life changing experience creates some of the strongest bonds and friendships imaginable. Together you will support and encourage each other past the limits of endurance.
The Grand to Grand Ultra is the first self-supported stage footrace ever to take place in America, on a world class course that has been experienced by few brave adventurers.
It is the only stage race to start from one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, the awe-inspiring north rim of the Grand Canyon, and finish on the summit of the Grand Staircase, one of the world's most iconic geological formations.
The course takes you through a high desert landscape of sand dunes, red rock slot canyons, buttes, mesas and hoodoos. You will experience the remotest part of continental America as did the earliest settlers, Navajo and Paiute Indian tribes. This is where Montezuma's gold is reputed to be buried.
You will be immersed in an environment rich in flora and wildlife – from unusual and threatened cacti to big horn sheep to America’s largest bid, the endangered California Condor. Reliant on yourself and without the distractions of phones, laptops and social media you will experience an empowering and inspiring journey that is simply life changing.
Donate To One of Our Runners
Recent 20 Posts
- 2019 Gala Run
- The 2018 New York City Marathon - Running towards a cure for the 5th year in a row
- Supporting families of Duchenne muscular dystrophy - A look into our Patient Education Guide
- Reaching the Finish Line for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy: An Update on the Grand to Grand Ultra
- Making a Difference Through Science – Phase 2 of the HBOT Study Set to Begin
- Making a Difference through Science—A New Hope in the Fight against Duchenne
- JAR of Hope 4th Annual Gala: Defend Against Duchenne - A recap of the night
- It's Time for Shore Builders Association's Annual BBQ on the Beach and Dune Buggy Races in Support of Jar of Hope
- CARLO CASTRONOVO, GIUSSEPPE’S OWNER, STILL SERVING UP THE LAUGHS (PART 2 OF 2)
- CARLO CASTRONOVO, GIUSSEPPE’S OWNER, SERVES UP THE LAUGHS (PART 1 OF 2)
- FULL DIMENSION BRINGS FITNESS OWNER FULL CIRCLE (PART 2 OF 2)
- FULL DIMENSION BRINGS FITNESS OWNER FULL CIRCLE (PART 1 OF 2)
- AN INTIMATE LOOK AT CHILDREN WITH RARE DISEASES
- MILES APART, BUT NEVER CLOSER
- RAFFONE: HBOT IS KEY TO DMD BREAKTHROUGH
- PUSHING FORWARD
- CURE FOR DUCHENNE STILL ON LIFE SUPPORT
- No World Record, But An Event Worth Recording
- The Run Of His Life
- Running, on a 'Grander' Scale